Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Antennasatellite.gr /recipes

19.03.2010 - Utila - Honduras


Stay two nights in San Pedro Sula was not particularly pleasant. This metropolis, the largest of the capital Tegucigalpa, is dirty, smelly and extremely chaotic. The waste is piled in the streets and the bags are torn and bitten by stray dogs, the smell mixes with the exhaust smell coming from the ACR and many fast-food restaurants.
Motorists seem crazy and play the annoying clacsons continuously for tens of seconds.
Apart from the great cathedral in the central square and a small craft market and bare, I could not find anything interesting. I could not feel at ease, I did not like the looks, I I felt observed and sometimes even later. Someone stopped me on the street shouting something incomprehensible in English, asking me to change money to buy drugs.
People were not willing to give information and, with every taxi driver I had to first negotiate the price for not being cheated. I took advantage of that city just to buy a camera after trying in vain to someone who can repair mine. After a few laps in the shops of the center was able to conclude a bargain.

The only thing that was really exciting to come out unscathed from a very unusual incident.

In the late afternoon I went on one of the thousands of coaches that, at full speed, travel the city streets carrying as many passengers as possible. The charge to the tickets, along the way, must come down several times, and stamping a cardboard folder (hanging at the bus stops) on which is printed the time and place. This task would require drivers to not pause too long to stop, but to collect as many passengers, the same stop and then try to recover, at speed, in traffic rather than intense, those precious minutes.
The van was yellow and very shabby. Was directed to the large 5-storey shopping mall, just outside the center, the only place where you can stay safe at night, eat something or seeing a movie at the cinema. The
bigliettatio was about my age, curly hair, dark complexion and a aspettto very dirty. In continuation with an irritating frequency "pulling up the nose and moved his jaws in a strange way. It was completely made of cocaine and who knows what else. When we started, even without seeing him in the face, I realized that the driver was under the same conditions. He drove like a crazy accelerating sharply zizagando and landslides in other cars. A lady, very intelligent, he went down after one stop cursing.
During a stop, a man sitting on an unstable chair, finished even on the ground.
When the wild ride finally ended in many got out of the station. With the corner of my eye climb I saw a woman with three children. I worried for her, I wanted to be able to tell, but I did not know how. I walked toward the mall, but after a few seconds, I heard behind me a great thud, the infrngersi glass falling to the ground and the screams of a man. I turned and saw the scene: a large white truck that I could not go from there, it was entangled with the top of the car pulling up to the wires of the light, completely, one of the wooden poles knocking on the front windshield of pulmmino again parked. Shattered glass and bent the frame while the two wires sparking in the air surge. Fortunately, the driver and the boy had fallen. I was relieved when I realized that no one was hurt: I saw the lady with the children off the bus running scared and unaware of what had happened.
In seconds you created a gathering of people and the atmosphere began to heat up, so I thought I left and walked toward the mall. When I was safe in there, it starts to make me a few questions: "What if the truck had arrived 30 seconds before it, and if we were to charge more people and had been slow?" They could get hurt many people, among them, myself.
the evening, before bed, I thanked God for having, once again, watch over me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment