Thursday, December 31, 2009

Wedding Poems To Put In Welcome Bags



arrived in Puerto Escondido at noon, after nearly four hours of travel with the small car of Efigenio. We made several stops in some countries, distributing cartons of cigarettes tends to ¨ ¨, or stores that sell a bit 'of everything, small supermarket, present in all Mexico. This new activity ', to sell cigarettes, Efi is devoting now most of his time trying to acquire the largest number of customers by offering a fast and accurate. For now, the gain on each cue and 'minimum, but will go' slowly increase with the steady increase in sales and soon will have 'a its clientele. Buying cigarettes from a wholesaler in Puerto Escondido, combines this activity 'with the new restaurant that opened for a week along with Marcos. It 's a small shop, next to a hotel that rents of huts surrounding a spacious pool. It is located at the beginning of Zicatela Beach, the beach or more 'big Puetro, about 6 km long, populated by tourists, most Americans, the world's third largest waves and consequently a paradise for surfers from around the world.
Efi Marcos and sell exclusively "misceladas", meaning 'a mixture of: 700 ml of beer, orange juice, hot sauce, salsa English, chili powder with which adorn the rim of the large plastic jug bathed in lime juice. To me, personally, not crazy, but here in Mexico and 'a drink that is the most popular and said to be a good "medicine" after the hangover.
Taking advantage of his frequent travels between Huatulco and Puerto, I decided to go with him and stop there for the weekend and return by bus on Sunday evening. Upon arrival, we realized immediately how he changed the environment than previous weeks. On the edge of the main road that goes back to the center of the city ': an endless row of buses of all classes and sizes, could almost cover the view of the beach to our left. Traffic was heavy and chaotic, the sun beats down on the pavement and people emerging from every corner of the street. We parked the car in front of the store, unloaded a few crates of beer and went to open it. After helping him place the beer in the fridge and have since cleaned up the wooden bar that only a week ago me and Marcos had commissioned a local carpenter, greeted him and walked to the beach.
before walking south in search of a quiet place place where I can and enjoy a little 'sun, I decided to go the other way, to discover what was behind the huge rocks that mark the beginning of Zicatela beach. I knew that I would find another beach on the other hand, the middle of Puerto, frequented almost exclusively by Mexicans only. A couple of km long, crescent-shaped, ends with a ridge where the homes are born of the city '. Passed the small sandy path in the rocks, and I was shocked sbucai other side from what I had before my eyes. I think the beach of Riccione, August 15, we can consider almost deserted by comparison! A disproportionate mass of people huddled on the sand, sun bed color that covered, let me remind the market of Chichicastenango, in Guatemala, where, looking from above, hiding the white tents and stalls the people who were walking around. Under these umbrellas, a small town 'in the shadows had come to life: beds, chairs and plastic tables, beach towels, people lying covered with sand, children running in all directions into and out of the water, set up tables with food and beverages of all kinds, created a chaotic environment. Water, a few meters from the beginning of the sea of \u200b\u200bumbrellas, came hysterical screams of the countless people who visit and happy with every wave, you bump into and then get carried to the shore. All seemed at ease in this chaotic frenzy, I do not know how, but I could relax and have fun and go in a very unique way, in my opinion, their Christmas holidays.
After a short walk among the crowd, almost a bit 'scared, I decided to go back and try a little' peace km along the beach Zicatela. The tracks almost all the way down and it was really a nice walk, which lasted about two hours. I settled in the area where they end beach resorts and the many bars and restaurants on the beach. While there is music in some of these, and many people, however, could find tranquility 'I was looking for, given the great expanse of beach. Bathing was not an easy thing And in reality, 'not very pleasant, because of the height of the waves. Go off by more than 30 meters from the shore, where they crashed, it was almost a suicide. With the water level of the navel, I was transported by currents with a superhuman strength attracted the lifeguards and all the time, with the use of whistles, everyone walks away.
From the sky fell like snowflakes, the paratroopers who hovered with their colorful sails: ten every half hour throughout the afternoon. Most 'experts were approaching the ground at speed' impressive spinning on themselves at the mercy of such a vortex, then brake for the last second and land with almost pinpoint accuracy to a few meters by people lying in the sun. Someone, it really seemed that we were to crash to the ground and personally, I feel a bit 'dangerous to have turned a crowded beach on the runway for the paratroopers. Pero 'like all things, after the initial amazement, I began to not make us almost more' case, but inside I was born a great desire to try again and that 'what was undoubtedly the most' exciting I've ever done in my Via: launch of 3000 meters high in the air and after 20 seconds of pure adrenaline, find the place more 'tranquil, peaceful and charming where I have ever been, the sky. I have no idea what it costs to make a throw, but I am very tempted, and aware that it is really worth, then one of these days I will go 'to inform and perhaps too, I'll be' one of those snowflakes that fall each day on the beach in Puerto Escondido.

The afternoon passed 'rapidly and at about 6 as the sun' to fall and I stood there, watching open-mouthed the show that was about to begin. The increasing number of surfers' disproportionately along the beach and the waves cominciarorono reach heights over 3 meters. I had never seen anything like this in my life, at least not live. Incredibly, the sea horizon was flat and calm and, out of nowhere, about fifty yards from the shore, mountains of water hundreds of feet long, rising towards the sky with an impressive and disproportionate impact on themselves, creating a tube of air and noise can cover any other noise.
Admire the brave, but certainly professional, guys riding those waves, it was really exciting. Each one was different from that which had preceded the first few seconds, and different from what already 'loomed behind him. The seagulls were flying to their plain and ridges in the distance, an orange stripe delimited the border between the ocean and the sky. I waited until nightfall to leave, I returned to the shop where I found Efi intent to prepare those strange cocktails for a group of Americans. He would return to Huatulco at night, but now I decided to stop for the night. I climbed up a taxi and headed towards the center, looking for a hotel. What I had indicated Efi, one of the most 'economical of all, exposing a large sign hung at the reception desk that read "NO TENEMOS ABITACIONES" does not even get off the taxi I had to read it, so' I did bring in a ' Another way in which the taxi driver told me that with a little 'luck I found a place to sleep. As I walked among the people and cross the street all the time trying not to invest, moving from hotel to hotel, in front of me I could only ever have the same sign "NO TENEMOS ABITACIONES. Then, I went into one where I asked for 500 pesos a night (about 25 €), a disproportionate amount for the type of hotel, also for the I was told that I should leave the room before 9 o'clock the next morning, 'cause they had already' another booking. I realized quickly that this was the price charged for all during the weeks of Christmas and New Year. So 'I accepted that amount for a room at the hotel "Central". The room was large, warm and very welcoming. In the small television leaning against a table, you could see only one channel, where the "Renato Zero" Mexican sang his songs loudly. The palette of the bathroom was simply resting on the cup and when I sat on a risked falling into it. After a long shower with which allagai around the bathroom, I went out for dinner.
ate in a restaurant not far from my hotel, but out of reach of American tourists, where prices were so much lower than those of the restaurants on the beach in Zicatela. Inspired by the name, I ordered a cocktail called "Vuelve a la vida (return to life), made with shrimp, octopus, and a spice cipollla like parsley, but 'more taste' strong, all dipped in a sweet sauce tomato, served in a large bowl of ice cream. Second, the classic garlic prawns, a dish which, by now, I'm sure. For those
digest all those delicacies, I decided to walk to the beach and crossed the street parallel to the main beach. Just as was the beach during the day, also made via the pedestrian at night, was packed with people. On both sides, bars, shops, some small disco, night Mexican Puetro Escondido. The mood in Zicatela was rather more 'quiet, I went to call Efi, I leave' to his nephew than twenty years, arrived in the afternoon, the task of managing the small room. We walked along the seafront and in the end we decided to stop and take a drink at a bar on the beach lit by fluorescent tubes of blue light, with wooden tables and chairs with white cushions placed a few meters from the water. Judging
too romantic accommodation near the sea, remains at the counter and made early acquaintance with the bartender. A small girl with dark hair and short, put House music discs of excellent quality ', mixing them with a certain mastery. About two o'clock, I returned to my hotel, I lay on the bed, closed my eyes and began to dream of riding the waves I had seen in the afternoon, over one of them, I fell asleep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment